[140114] trunk/dports/lang/julia/Portfile

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at macports.org
Fri Sep 18 19:31:36 PDT 2015

[resend with correct cc]

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> It would be nice if the github portgroup would default to only showing
> stable releases so that ports would not have to override livecheck.regex.
> There could be a switch ports could flip if they really want other
> versions. See the php 1.1 portgroup which has such a switch for ports
> hosted on pecl (php.pecl.prerelease yes). Though it might be harder to
> implement. The php 1.1 portgroup has it easy in that pecl tags each release
> as "beta" or "stable"; with github we might have to guess based on the
> format of the version number.

GitHub does support marking releases as prereleases, but only for Git tags
which have been annotated with release metadata via the GitHub site or API.
 (These are "releases" in the same sense as "github.tarball_from
releases".)  The GitHub API provides an endpoint (
https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/releases/#get-the-latest-release)
that returns the most recent non-prerelease release.  However, I don't know
how many projects actually use the releases system, and I have also seen
projects that forget to attach releases to some subset of their Git tags.

--Benjamin Gilbert