patch feedback:depends_test - port test - port lint -append

Kurt Hindenburg khindenburg at macports.org
Sun Sep 20 11:50:29 PDT 2015

Hello,

> On Sep 4, 2015, at 3:02 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2015-9-4 07:43 , Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  Can I get some feedback on these patches?
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38208 - add depends_test
>
> r+
>
> LGTM. My one concern would be that end users may not want irrelevant (to
> them) test deps showing up in depends:, rdeps and so forth, but we
> should come up with a general solution to that, not just omit them.

committed r140488

A new patch attached to https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45010 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45010>

>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/28640 - port lint check when should use
>> -append
>
> r-
>
> Overriding the deps set by a portgroup is not always incorrect.

Do you mean to say that there are times that the Portfile should override the PortGroup?  Do you think changing this lint to a warning suggesting they should verify if they should use ‘-append’ ?

Thanks
  Kurt