html and postscript viewer

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 00:04:33 PDT 2016

From their installation guide:

For the compilation of cgx, therefore, the unmodified GCC 4.9 is required because the modified (by Apple) GCC for several reasons is not suitable for the compilation of cgx … The modified GCC includes the individual compilers: gcc (GNU c compiler), g++ and clang. Because the modified GCC has a problem with function overloading it is not suitable for the 2compilation of cgx.

2In particular, the compilation of function: #define abs(x) ((x) >= 0 ? (x) : -(x)) in the cgx-routine: “extUtil.h“ causes a compiler error. A bug fix for the compiler was not available at the time the installation of cgx was tested.

I have looked at that link but it doesn’t explain how, for example, to set a default compiler. The compilers group gives more instruction, but it’s not completely clear to me. I guess something like

compilers.choose    cc cxx cpp
configure.cc            macports-gcc-4.9