Errors should probably come after notes?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Apr 8 13:24:14 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 09:29:35PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> What I don't like so much is that the notes come *after* the error
> report. I ended up with about 10 notes following the error, so I could
> easily have missed the fact that there was an error at all (I had to
> scroll a few screens back to actually see it).

That's a tough question -- you wouldn't want users to miss the notes,
either.

> Shouldn't the order be reversed? (I'm not sure how difficult it is to
> change it though.)

Implementation is in port/port.tcl. The call that prints the notes is in
process_cmd, line 4685: portclient::notifications::display.
Unfortunately that part that prints the error message is in $action_proc
called a few lines before, so it's not trivial to switch.

HTH,
Clemens