registry backup (and upgrade --force)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:16:23 PDT 2016

On Friday April 08 2016 21:07:15 Clemens Lang wrote:

Hi,

> So your registry wasn't broken, apparently?

Apparently. I guess we'll never know.

> I think I have previously had situations where the database seemed to be
> rather slow and re-creating fixed it. I did not investigate further,
> though, but I suspect you may have hit a similar case.

What do you call "rather slow"?

If your idea is correct, that is really something where feedback to the user would be very welcome, as it's probably also the kind of operation that best not be interrupted.

> I doubt that. SQLite would rather throw an error than loose data.
> Loosing data is just about the worst thing a database can do.

Yes, there's that, but I'd also doubt there's no way to do a "save what you can" (as an alternative to throwing that error and losing all the data in a file).

Anyway, is there anything else I can try to find out what happened?