Errors should probably come after notes?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 9 07:25:14 PDT 2016

On 04/08/2016 11:23 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 8 April 2016 at 22:24, Clemens Lang wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 09:29:35PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> Shouldn't the order be reversed? (I'm not sure how difficult it is to
>>> change it though.)
>>
>> Implementation is in port/port.tcl. The call that prints the notes is in
>> process_cmd, line 4685: portclient::notifications::display.
>> Unfortunately that part that prints the error message is in $action_proc
>> called a few lines before, so it's not trivial to switch.
>
> Yes, I imagined. One would throw an error message as soon as you hit it.
>
> Plugging the notes somewhere in-between might be a bit tricky / unnatural.

Seeing a lot of notes and than a block of error messages would let me miss the
notes completely as I would focus on the error only.

At least we know that something failed due to the intended exit code. We could
print some short message after the notes that error messages for failed ports
can be found above?

Rainer