variants

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Apr 13 11:06:08 PDT 2016

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 5:41 AM, Takeshi Enomoto <takeshi at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> The implementation I propose is: pass on default variants like for user-selected variants, nothing more or less.
>
> The compiliation does not have to be avoided for variants,
> but it would be nice if the default variants were proliferated.

What would the variants be for "port install all”?

Would there be the potential to see a lot of variant conflicts?

I think the way default variants are handled now is best. Let those users that need special variant combinations figure out that special combination rather then have ports installed with variable variants depending on what else might be installed at the time.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)