ports.tar update frequency on new mirror

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Aug 10 14:03:34 PDT 2016

Hi Ryan,

I'm wondering what update frequency I can expect for ports.tar on the
new main mirror.

I have a cronjob set up that regularly checks whether ports.tar has not
been updated in a while; it came in handy a couple of times because most
developers usually sync using SVN and would not notice the rsync mirror
becoming stale. For the last few days, it has been sending me a regular
stream of emails warning me about old tarballs, even though eventually a
new update was pushed.

The top spot is a mail from around noon today, where ports.tar had not
been updated for 12.5 hours. Is this normal? Should I change my warning
level?

----- Forwarded message from Cron Daemon <XOXOXO.neverpanic.de> -----