[151216] contrib/buildbot-test/master.cfg

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:19:08 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Russell Jones <
russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Python has a concept of "we're all consenting adults here"

Who deposed Guido? Python's usual concept is "This Is The One True Way and
we reserve the right to mock you for writing Perl in Python and then make
what you did an error". (And I've seen it in action far too many times.
It's fine to have standards, but *lose the attitude*.)

That said, you don't have the module namespace conflated that badly with
the variable namespace in Java, Perl, C, Haskell, ... and I *really*
dislike "spooky action at a distance" in languages.