[MacPorts] #52081: Ports should require perl5.24 instead of 5.22

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:04:58 PDT 2016

On Wednesday August 24 2016 15:40:27 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> > But those Perl ports are always leaves (w.r.t. `cpuid`) because they are build dependencies. There's no need to revbump if you're just updating build dependencies.
>
> To be more specific, there's no need to revbump if the change in build dependencies does not alter the build product.

And in this case there isn't even a need for the dependencies anymore; the new version builds fine after I deactivated the ports. Which, btw, didn't raise any errors about how `port:cpuid` depended on them. So no, apparently build dependencies are not recorded in the DB the same way runtime dependencies are.