[MacPorts] #52081: Ports should require perl5.24 instead of 5.22

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Wed Aug 24 13:05:35 PDT 2016

> On Aug 24, 2016, at 3:40 PM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On 24.08.2016 09:36 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>>
>> But those Perl ports are always leaves (w.r.t. `cpuid`) because they are build dependencies. There's no need to revbump if you're just updating build dependencies.
>
> Aren't build dependencies included in the DB?

They are not, at least with trunk.

% port deps clang-3.8
Full Name: clang-3.8 @3.8.1_3+analyzer
Extract Dependencies: subversion, xz
Build Dependencies:   cmake, cctools
Library Dependencies: libxml2, libomp, llvm-3.8, python27, libedit, libffi,
                      ncurses, zlib, libcxx
Runtime Dependencies: clang_select, ld64, perl5
%
% (cd ~[mp:base]/src/cregistry && sqlite3 /opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db <<'EOF'
> .load macports.sqlext
> SELECT dependencies.name FROM ports, dependencies WHERE ports.name = 'clang-3.8' AND ports.id = dependencies.id ORDER BY dependencies.name ASC;
> EOF
)
clang_select
ld64
libcxx
libedit
libffi
libomp
libxml2
llvm-3.8
ncurses
perl5
python27
zlib
%

> I typically run port_cutleaves -b to get rid of leaves minus build dependencies, as these will be needed at some point in time again anyway (given I build everything from source.)

I just mark such ports as requested and use "port uninstall --follow-dependencies leaves".

vq