Permission denied, "pkg" phase

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Fri Aug 26 09:35:06 PDT 2016

> On Aug 26, 2016, at 6:46 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2016-08-26 05:09, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>> I’ve tried adding:
>>
>> pkg.asroot  yes
>>
>> to my portfile but that seems to be unrecognized.
>>
>> Is there a way around this?
>
> Not without patching base. I have no experience with creating pkgs, so I
> don't know if it makes sense to allow running this as root at all.
>
> Rainer
> <portpkg-asroot.diff>

Thank you, Rainer!

Your patch allowed the pkg/mpkg commands to work.  I do notice that the owner of certain files has changed from macports to root, however.  I’ll test deploying the installer and see if the result works OK.  I’ll try producing an mdmg, as well.

If those work out OK, is this something that would be an acceptable change to base for distribution?

Craig