lldb ...

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:57:04 PDT 2016

Hi,

I noticed that Apple don't ship an lldb-mi executable (at least they don't for OS X 10.9). Lldb-mi is used by KDevelop5's lldb debugger plugin, so I'm trying to hack together a PoC port:lldb-3.8 .

Has anyone looked at building an lldb port before? My current approach is to apply the applicable patches from the clang subport but not the clang-specific variants, configure as for clang (without any variants) and set ${build.dir} to ${workpath}/build/tools/lldb . CMake build systems are typically pretty good at figuring out what dependencies are needed when executing make in a subdirectory so this should probably build lldb c.s. just fine.

The real problem is going to be with the code-signing. This is done automagically by lldb's Xcode projects so it's not entirely clear which files have to be signed ... nor if an "ad-hoc" signing identify ("-") will lead to a usable debugger.

R.