lldb ...

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:51:46 PDT 2016

On Wednesday August 31 2016 17:25:18 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> You opened a ticket about this a while ago. One of Eric's comments hints at what a pain it might be to get it working with code signing.
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45251

I remembered, and apparently it was (over) 2y ago, time enough for someone to have looked into this without necessarily updating or knowing of that ticket.

The document Eric cites hasn't changed (much), and isn't that difficult to follow (presuming the instructions to reboot aren't actually required).

I have now scanned the lldb sources, and it appears that the cmake system is also designed to do the code-signing on OS X. So yeah, the port should find some way to tell the user to create the lldb_codesign certificate, or else we might try patching the build system to use the ad-hoc identity.
Checking for the certificate can be done via `security find-certificate -c lldb_codesign`

The lldb build system is apparently less well prepared to set the appropriate Python include path; the build just failed because pyconfig.h couldn't be found. Or I have something I shouldn't have: a directory /opt/local/include/python2.7 which does not belong to port:python27..

R.