Your message to macports-changes awaits moderator approval

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Dec 2 14:55:53 CET 2016

On 2016-12-02 12:28, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 2 December 2016 at 12:13, Zero King wrote:
>> I didn't write to that list, my commit was merged into master and so I've
>> got this mail.
>
> In that case it's a problem with our scripts or mailman configuration
> and Rainer should be able to answer you.
>
> I guess that the idea was to use the committer in the "From:" field,
> so that replying to the email with some feedback would add the
> committer to the list of recipients and also make
>     https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-changes/2016-December/thread.html
> more "readable".

Yes, this is a problem on our end, probably occurring since I deployed
the From: addresses [1] after the discussion in [2].

After this, some mails were rejected by mailman, which we only
discovered a few days ago. To avoid losing any change mails these are no
longer rejected, but are put on hold and have to be moderated manually.
This will also lead to delays in the change notifications.

I still have clue why this is happening to some mails, while other
change mails pass the checks just fine.

> But there might be some issues. Looking at a random commit email:
>    https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-changes/2016-December/144725.html
> saying
>    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> it might be that we are experiencing some problems.

This is expected, the commit mails are HTML only.

HTML was a request for the new commit mails. I was not able to find
anything better than git-multimail [3], but it only supports either text
or HTML. Unfortunately, It does not support sending both as MIME
multi-part alternatives as the previous SVN::Notify did.

Rainer

[1] https://github.com/macports/trac.macports.org/pull/2
[2] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52826
[3] https://github.com/git-multimail/git-multimail