[macports-ports] branch master updated: pingus: new port submission

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:38:22 CET 2016

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently Pingus is very popular, and not on homebrew! A scoop! Hope people enjoy it (or at least their kids do).

Ah. I saw this <https://github.com/Pingus/pingus/blob/master/COPYING <https://github.com/Pingus/pingus/blob/master/COPYING>> and it just said GPL-3.

> https://github.com/Pingus/pingus/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L4-L7 <https://github.com/Pingus/pingus/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L4-L7>

but I see they wrote "any later version” directly into the source files. Tricky.

> We generally prefer the MacPorts-specific "copy" over "file copy”.

noted. copied and pasted that code directly from another port, and modified it a bit (to Pingus).

>> +    reinplace "s|\"$@\"||g" ${destroot}${applications_dir}/Pingus.app/Contents/MacOS/pingus
>> +}
>
> This is…strange. What exactly are you replacing here?

Yeah - that was interesting. The bin/pingus launch script had this:

#!/bin/sh
exec "/Applications/MacPorts/Pingus.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec/pingus" --datadir "/Applications/MacPorts/Pingus.app/Contents/MacOS/share/pingus" "$@"

which works from a terminal prompt, but not in an application bundle.

taking off the  "$@“ allowed the launch script to work in  the bundle.

Do you know of a better method to use?

Best, Ken