Feature Request: Buildbot triggering dependent port rebuilds in a cascade

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Tue Dec 13 05:02:12 CET 2016

Hi MacPorts core devs,

I was wondering whether it is possible to configure the buildbots in such a way
that they can observe if a just rebuilt port is a dependency of other ports which
haven’t been built successfully yet. If such a case is met it could trigger a
rebuild-cascade which makes sure that all those already failed ports waiting for
their dependency to appear will (hopefully) also succeed in building.

I admit, that this might be a bit dangerous, as it could trigger (unexpectedly)
rebuild avalanches, but I thought it would be neat to have…

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Should I create a trac ticket for this, or does something like that exist
      as a planned feature or is it perhaps even already implemented in MacPorts?