Update mono, F#: support "select"

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Dec 14 10:58:59 CET 2016

On 2016-12-13 20:33, Luc Bourhis wrote:

>>> MacPorts provide ruby 2.3, which is not outdated, is it?
>>
>> Ruby is fine, the rest is questionable.
>>
>> For example
>>    rb-rails @2.3.5_1
>>    rb19-rails @3.0.5_1
>
> I see… This is not too much of an issue because of bundler. There is something roughly equivalent (nuget) that works for Mono.

These separate package managers might be a solution for development
outside of MacPorts. For ports depending on specific modules (for
example for software written in Ruby), we need to create ports in order
to specify this dependency and have it installed automatically.

I would also advise against providing multiple versions of mono as it
increases the required maintenance. As you noticed with the outdated
ports, we are already short on maintainers/contributors for mono ports.

Rainer