Unintentional double commits

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Dec 21 15:39:00 CET 2016

On 21 December 2016 at 12:38, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2016-12-21 11:41, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
>> While trying to push a small change (shell/xonsh) I managed to rebase
>> AND merge the about 300 commits since my previous update,
>> as a results those 300 commits in master now are "duplicated".
>>
>> The files in master are unaltered, except for the actual portfile I
>> was pushing, but the history is now messier.

Ah, that explains why I was getting a huge number of emails from Trac.
All the "See:" and "Closes:" from the earlier commits were now sent
again and duplicated on Trac.

>> I apologize for the error, I'm really sorry for the confusion and
>> noise it will trigger in tickets.
>
> I guess we have to live with this history...

I would vote for fixing the problem. Sure, some developers might be
affected, but these duplicated commits are super messy and the only
time to fix that would be now, there's no way to do that later.

Mojca