KDE4 ports not built on Sierra buildbot?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Dec 22 16:07:06 CET 2016

Hi,

On 22 December 2016 at 16:51, Marko Käning wrote:
> On 22 Dec 2016, at 16:45 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> So basically 10.5, 10.6-i386, (10.7) and 10.12 only contain binaries
>> for ports (and their dependencies) that have seen some commits since
>> August. Plus those that have been manually triggered.
>
> That is consistent with my observations.
>
>> Do you have an account on the buildbot?
>
> Yes. So I could just create a list of port which I know were building
> here locally so that the buildbot could create all of them as well.
> That would be about 200 ports, if that’s okay for the buildbot.

It should be. The only disadvantage of building a large number of
ports is that the buildbot cannot build "the very latest" commits for
a while (until that job is finished). 200 shouldn't be a problem at
all as long as you are not building llvm/clang 200 times (I don't know
how many characters you can enter in the web form :).

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52989

We currently have "success cache" and "fail cache" implemented (which
is not ideal, on 10.5 it can still take 45 minutes just to calculate
that it cannot build the port as one of the dependencies failed
earlier, without even starting to build anything at all).

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52985

You should try to limit the build to 10.12 (or whatever other slaves
are missing the ports).

(I was often manually triggering builds as soon I discovered that a
particular port would start building from source and would take more
than about a minute to build and that the package exists for other OS
versions.)

Mojca