xonsh-devel broken

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Dec 23 00:22:49 CET 2016

On 2016-12-23 02:56 , Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2016, at 1:50 AM, Andrea D'Amore <and.damore at macports.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for the quick patch, by the way 'lint' verb doesn't catch an
>> invalid command as in this case, is that on purpose?
>
> lint only catches a subset of errors. I'm sure a patch to verify that all ports/subports index properly would be welcome, though.

If a port fails to parse for portindex then it will fail when port(1)
tries to open it to run the lint target too. So in that sense lint does
point out the error.

But if you're expecting 'port lint xonsh' to also lint xonsh-devel, no
it doesn't do that. To be fair, no port action behaves that way.

- Josh