Central portindex'ing functional at the moment?

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Wed Dec 28 21:31:23 CET 2016

Hi,

just now I ran a selfupdate and didn’t get notified of any outdated ports:
---
$ sudo port selfupdate && port outdated
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.3.5 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.3.5 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
No installed ports are outdated.
---
fine, but...

... as I have defined a local ports repo via a git clone in sources.conf:
---
file:///Users/marko/WC/GIT/MP/mkae-macports-ports [nosync]
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
---
I thought I update that as well by “git pull upstream master && portindex”.

After that change port suddenly gave me a list of outdated ports:
---
$ port installed outdated
  curl @7.51.0_1+ssl (active)
  curl-ca-bundle @7.51.0_0 (active)
  fluidsynth @1.1.6_2 (active)
  gmp @6.1.1_0 (active)
  gpgme @1.7.0_0 (active)
  kde4-runtime @4.14.4.20150225_6+samba (active)
  kdepimlibs4 @4.14.3_5 (active)
  ld64 @2_0 (active)
  libgpg-error @1.25_0 (active)
  llvm-3.9 @3.9.0_2 (active)
  p5.24-io-socket-ssl @2.39.0_0 (active)
  p5.24-test-simple @1.302.67_0 (active)
  p5.24-test-warn @0.300.0_1 (active)
  py27-astroid @1.4.8_0 (active)
  py27-htmldocs @2.7.12_2 (active)
  py27-macholib @1.7_1 (active)
  py27-modulegraph @0.12.1_0 (active)
  py27-numpy @1.11.2_1+gfortran (active)
  py27-psutil @5.0.0_0 (active)
  py27-setuptools @32.1.1_0 (active)
  py34-setuptools @32.1.1_0 (active)
---

Shouldn’t I have gotten those via “sudo port selfupdate” right from the start?

Does this mean, that selfupdate isn’t as up-to-date as a portindex’ed git clone?

I can’t imagine the latter, as the changes causing the above updates are days old
and rsync source’s portindex should be up-to-date.

What am I missing here? Or is MacPorts’ portindexing indeed not working ATM!!!???

Greets,
Marko