about keeping a checksums table in a separate file

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Feb 1 14:13:54 PST 2016

On Feb 1, 2016, at 4:59 PM, Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com> wrote:
> I use a short python script to automatically update most checksums.

excellent.

> However, even the small number of ports I maintain (OK there 69 of them) and the no maintainer/slowmaintainer ports that I version bump from time to time, I have found a dozen that have multiple sets of checksums, e.g. bash that has a separate checksum for each patch, etc. For those, I just manually update the checksums.

ok, that's a different problem, though.

The bash patch checksums don't actually change, though, right? There are just new ones added or a different set are necessary when the bash version changes?

Common case is:
- new version -> change version number, fetches a new single distfile, need to update single distfile checksums

Less common case #1 is:
- new version -> change version number, fetches multiple new distfiles (possibly including patches), need to update multiple distfile checksums

Less common case #2 is:
- portfile is extra complicated (does some craziness to generate a large number sub-ports)

Maybe we can attack the common case and enhance it to cover additional cases?
--
Daniel J. Luke