macports-installer.sh

tjtube263 . tjt263 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:14:25 PST 2016

Here; check this out, I wrote a script. I'm sure it could use some improvements, but its pretty solid:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tjt263/macports-installer/master/macports-installer.sh
The idea was to make installing `MacPorts`; more or less the same as installing `HomeBrew`. -
Which is really quick & easy, requiring only a single line of code from an end users perspective.
Here is an example scenario:
http://superuser.com/a/1009536/484402
As you can see:

$ ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
> Installing `MacPorts` :

$ bash <(curl -fsSL "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tjt263/macports-installer/master/macports-installer.sh")
I understand the potential security implications of piping/redirecting a live, untrusted script directly to the shell via curl.

However; I don't feel there will be an issue if the script meets QC standards and is hosted on an official/trusted server.

Above is what I propose we do; then incorporate it as part of the official installation instructions.
Thank you for reading.