Fwd: Now Accepting GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization Applications

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Feb 18 06:50:19 PST 2016

On 2016-02-12 13:56, Rainer Müller wrote:
> Paging those who handled this last year, is there any interest to
> participate again?

I shortly discussed this with Clemens in private conversation. With the
deadline approaching, I just want to get out that we will skip
participation in GSoC this year.

Last year, we reached our goal of merging all base work after the summer
to trunk. This was a success compared to previous years, as previous
implemented features are still dormant in branches.

However, now on trunk it is still in an unfinished state. In my opinion
it would be difficult to branch off new feature branches for students to
work on from this state. This currently also blocks new releases.

This year, we should focus on integration of branches from previous
editions of GSoC. Let us finish and release these features before
starting new work.

Rainer