Distinguishing between deactivated ports than I want to keep and outdated port I no longer care about

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Feb 23 11:43:40 PST 2016

Hi,

I often deactivate certain "heavy" ports where I want to play with
different versions or variants. Sometimes I deactivate clang 3.8 when
I don't feel like waiting for the long recompilation of the latest and
greatest new version (that will be outdated again in a few days
anyway) or when a newer version no longer works/compiles. Sometimes I
deactivate universal ports. Those are generally the ports I want to
keep for some time.

But I would like to save space and uninstall other ports that I don't
particularly care about (which have been superseded by newer
versions).

Is there any way to flag a certain set of inactive ports that I
specifically want to keep even after "sudo port uninstall inactive
[and somethingelse]"?

Thank you,
    Mojca