Making a portfile from a cmake based project

Manu N audionuma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 04:47:57 PST 2016

Hello,
I would like to make a portfile from a cmake based project (
https://github.com/jiixyj/libebur128 ).
Currently, I can build the library using MacPorts cmake and MacPorts
libspeexdsp, which is an optional dependancy.
I have been reading the https://guide.macports.org/#development pages, but
couldn't find how I would port such a project.
My main questions are :
how do I get from a github project to a tarball
how do I use the cmake scripts to actually build the library inside a
portfile.
I hope this beginner questions are not too obvious and that someone can
point me to the adequate documentation for these questions.
Thanks,
audionuma