[143999] trunk/dports/textproc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 5 11:17:41 PST 2016

On Jan 5, 2016, at 7:32 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2016-01-04 07:45, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> I agree with Ryan here. But then again the port depends on poppler
>> which would probably be built with libstdc++ by default unless the
>> whole MacPorts is configured to use libc++. I'm not sure what strategy
>> could be used in these cases.
>
> I would assume the whole installation uses libc++ if
> configure.cxx_stdlib is set to libc++.

Yes. The strategy that is meant to be used is: include the cxx11 1.0 portgroup. Doing so indicates that the software requires C++11. If the user's MacPorts installation uses libstdc++, the portgroup will prevent the port from being installed, and will direct the user to the LibcxxOnOlderSystems wiki page which will give the user instructions for either upgrading their OS or reinstalling all ports with libc++.

> Using that check in the cxx11 port group seems better. However, what
> would be a good way to point users to the pdfgrep-legacy port?
>
> a) Extend the cxx11 port group to allow a custom message pointing to
>   pdfgrep-legacy.
> b) Drop the old version and users that want pdfgrep have to switch to
>   libc++.

That's a good question. I'm not sure.