[144262] trunk/dports/lang/py-htmldocs/Portfile

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Tue Jan 5 12:10:30 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 12:44:49PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> I'm not comfortable with installing unchecked files on user systems.
>> The whole point of the checksum system is to verify that the files
>> that are installed on user systems are the same files that were tested
>> by the maintainer. By skipping the checksum phase you remove that
>> safeguard.
>
> I agree, please revert that. This is an invitation for attackers.

I'd prefer to avoid it, obviously. Suggestions, then?

This is a tarball of documentation coming directly from
docs.python.org, which seem to be regenerated nightly (with new
checksums). The other versions are available in a stable form
(http://www.python.org/ftp/python/doc) but not the latest for 34
(3.4.4) or 35 (3.5.1). If there is another, stable, download location,
I'd be happy to point to it.

Thanks,
  - Eric