[144262] trunk/dports/lang/py-htmldocs/Portfile

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Jan 8 01:11:06 PST 2016

On 8 January 2016 at 01:47, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2016, at 12:12 PM, Eric A. Borisch wrote:
>
>> Bringing this back to the original point, it looks like there was some
>> discussion (I think) in this thread of making alocation (possibly
>> integrated in terms of access accounts with svn commit access)
>> available to store a 'snapshot' of a 'distfile' for instances like
>> this (where the source performs nightly refreshes of the tarball
>> without version information in the name.)
>>
>> So is that going to happen (soon), or is the desire I bake something
>> else up (drafting off curl-ca-bundle or graphviz-devel) for now?
>
> I have no plans to implement an arbitrary-file-hosting infrastructure for MacPorts in the near future, and lots of other things I need to be working on. You should solve the problem in the portfile.

One can put a file basically *anywhere* on the web, wait until it gets
mirrored and then safely remove both the file and the URL. Users would
then get the file from MacPorts mirror.

In the case of py-htmldocs you could probably commit a Portfile with
correct checksums for that day and the corresponding subdir (maybe
with a date if the filename doesn't change). Once the file gets
mirrored, just remove the URL of the file and make sure that all users
will get the file from the MacPorts mirror from that moment on. Once
you decide to switch to a newer version, repeat the process (uncomment
the URL, correct the checksums, commit, wait for the mirror, comment
out the URL, commit).

Mojca