[144564] trunk/dports

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jan 12 13:59:33 PST 2016

On 12 January 2016 at 22:36, David Evans <devans at macports.org> wrote:
> On 1/12/16 1:17 PM, mojca at macports.org wrote:
>> Revision
>>     144564 <https://trac.macports.org/changeset/144564>
>> Author
>>     mojca at macports.org
>> Date
>>     2016-01-12 13:17:36 -0800 (Tue, 12 Jan 2016)
>>
>>       Log Message
>>
>> remove perl5_16..5_20 variants from perl dependents (#50245)
>>

> Mojca --
>
> You really need to removed the p5.* subports first and add them to
> p5-graveyard so that they will update to p5.22 before removing
> variants.

OK, sorry, maybe I got the order of commits a bit wrong, but:
- If we would remove subports before we remove the variants, we would
end up with invalid ports, depending on no longer existing ports (if
what you say is true, then we have a chicken and egg problem anyway,
so there's not much we can/could do anyway).
- I have the graveyard port ready.

(I'm only slightly inclined to wait a tiny bit until the buildbots
have cought up with the history, else other unsuspected committers
will be unable to extract whether anything was wrong with their
commits.)

> Are we ready to do this?  (i.e. have all ports that depend on perl5.16
> directly, other than variants, been converted to perl5.22?)

I believe (or at least hope) so.

Mojca