[144564] trunk/dports

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jan 12 15:07:07 PST 2016

On 12 January 2016 at 23:37, David Evans wrote:

> Now that you have removed the subports, you need to commit p5-graveyard
> to enable the replaced_by mechanism so that the old ports will update
> properly.

I know. I only wanted to wait a bit. The old jobs were finished on the
buildbots now (except for the 10.6 which was probably offline long
enough, so that many ports weren't prebuilt), so I committed the
changes.

>> (I'm only slightly inclined to wait a tiny bit until the buildbots
>> have cought up with the history, else other unsuspected committers
>> will be unable to extract whether anything was wrong with their
>> commits.)
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.

It might take a day or more for the graveyard port to be compiled on
the buildbot (unless someone breaks the build; which we might want to
do anyway).

I wanted to make sure that there would be no other builds in the
waiting list by the time the graveyard ports starts to build (because
figuring out what went wrong with other builds would be a "nightmare"
for the maintainer that would do the other commit; and breaking the
build of graveyard would also break any other builds if they were in
the waiting line).

Mojca