[KDE/Mac] KDE4/KF5 "cohabitation"

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Jan 13 09:53:49 PST 2016

Yes exactly, once an application has been released based on Qt5/KF5 it
shouldn't be coinstallable with the same application that is
Qt4/kdelibs4 based. Most (and eventually all) kf5 based applications
include a settings/config migrator that migrates settings from
kdelibs4 locations to kf5 locations if the new location doesn't have
any settings. Also both kdelibs4 based and kf5 based binaries, shared
data files etc would conflict if both were installed at once.