VLC cannot play MKV files?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Sat Jan 23 06:20:20 PST 2016

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 8:48 AM, Vincent Habchi <vince at macports.org> wrote:
>> Might I suggest that you download the latest VLC player from videolan.org directly, and see if that one gives the same error? If it doesn't, you can then probably simply uninstall the one from MacPorts.
>
> Yep, I could do that, but I would have to uninstall all the libraries I’ve installed to save space, and that wouldn’t be fun.

You might want to look at the following to clean up those libraries:

$ port info port_cutleaves
port_cutleaves @0.1.4 (sysutils, macports)

Description:          Inspired by FreeBSD's pkg_cutleaves, port_cutleaves is an interactive script that eases the uninstallation of leaves - installed ports that are unrequested and have no dependents.
Homepage:             http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/port_cutleaves/

Platforms:            darwin
License:              unknown
Maintainers:          perry at macports.org, openmaintainer at macports.org