VLC cannot play MKV files?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 03:20:51 PST 2016

On Sunday January 24 2016 10:42:56 Vincent Habchi wrote:

> Except that it’s no longer possible to compress the build-in Applications with OS X 10.11 since Apple introduced SIP (http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/09/os-x-10-11-el-capitan-the-ars-technica-review/8/#h1). Even root cannot modify the protected applications (it’s still possible, but it’s a darn intricate process to do it).

A trip to single-user mode or into recovery mode to toggle an EFI setting, right? It's something I quite certainly would do anyway, as I've always imposed some additional organisation structure on /Applications.
To me, /Applications is most definitely NOT a system area, and only barely a place where a capable administrator should not have direct write access.

But that's a different topic altogether.

R.