VLC cannot play MKV files?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Jan 26 09:04:29 PST 2016

On Jan 26, 2016, at 11:55 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> There were performance concerns earlier in the discussion but I'm not sure if the latest version of the patch attached there resolves them.

the latest comment that mentions it says it's a 2x slowdown (better than the original 10x slowdown).

As mentioned in the ticket - this is really something that needs to be configurable if it's added (I can see how one might want this on a small SSD, but I  don't want it set on my large disk array...)

--
Daniel J. Luke