reduce emacs dependency

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Fri Jan 29 19:29:56 PST 2016

On 29.01.2016 11:52 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
> I was thinking something like
>
> depends_build-append [port:emacs || port:emacs-app || port:emacs-mac-app || etc.]
>
> but this isn’t very elegant. Can you use regex with a depends statement?

Base currently does not support alternatives, short of bin: and path:
dependencies, which can be satisfied by a binary or a specific path within
${prefix}.

If there are no shared paths (which would make the ports conflicting in the
first place - I haven't checked whether the emacs ports conflict or not), it's
currently not technically possible to specify such a dependency.

It might be possible to query the database for installed/active versions of
specific ports and adding dependencies based on what was found, but this is a
very, very, very (read: very, very, very, very) bad idea because it's leading to
non-reproducible builds.

Mihai