Can't find local, correctly indexed Portfile

Bill Barnhart barnhartwd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:22:14 PDT 2016

 I am trying to build a program from a local Portfile. After setting up the
 proper directory structure, placing the Portfile in it, and running
portindex,
 the port is correctly and successfully parsed. When I run port install on
 the program, though, I get an error stating that the previously indexed
port cannot be
 found. I am running El Capitan v10.11.5, and macports works fine on non-
 local port repositories. This particular local portfile also works fine on
 previous OS versions (i.e. Yosemite 10.10.5), so this should not be an
issue with the Portfile itself.
 I'm not sure where this error is originating from or why the portfile
can't be found after being correctly indexed and parsed. Any suggestions
would be helpful.

--
William D. Barnhart

Assistant Professor