[150207] trunk/dports/perl/p5-net-cidr-lite/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 14 01:23:34 PDT 2016

On Jul 13, 2016, at 8:43 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2016, at 9:36 AM, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>> Or does simply stating “GPL” cover that already and that is why it has always been that way?
>
> 'GPL' by itself means 'any version of the GPL'
>
> From https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/old-licenses.html#GPL there appears to be no version of the GPL before version 1, so GPL and GPL-1+ are equivalent.

Yes, we've been using "GPL" to mean "any version of GPL". However, it also introduces some confusion when we're not sure whether the author meant "any version of GPL" or "GPL but I didn't bother to check what version". We might want to think about whether we should change how we do this. If we wrote "GPL-1+" when we meant "any version of GPL" that confusion would be avoided.