portfile test for macosx 10.6.8 + libc++

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:25:24 PDT 2016

Perfect. Thanks!

There are a series of EFI32 machines stuck at 10.6.8 or at most 10.7. These can be EFI-hacked to run 10.11 but that hasn't worked for me yet.

I have found that almost any port I have tried to install can be installed on this system (so far), with minor surgery to replace a missing function or two (strnlen and getline being the two most common) and often replacing a few missing libraries or missing includes to fix errors during the build.

My goal would be to suggest minor mods to portfiles to allow others to do the same if they choose -- and perhaps to leverage this to similar systems (10.7 and 10.8 libc++) if it's easy to do so.

Best,
Ken