portfile test for macosx 10.6.8 + libc++

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:52:33 PDT 2016

You are completely correct, of course - upstream fixes would be ideal, and much preferred over fixing the portfile to repair upstream deficiencies. Most ports that use configure already seem to get these things brought in from the GnuLib replacements, I've found.

But I suppose I'm torn between what is ideal and what is attainable. I don't see upstream being responsive to these requests - quite reasonably I guess. Better things to do than support 8+ year old hardware. Most of these fixes seem to be added in case-by-case by the individual portfile maintainers.

These ports are all working for me here. My goal is only to be helpful, and allow others to share the outcome of my efforts.

But I can certainly blog the modifications somewhere and let those interested find it that way, rather than clutter up macports with it, if that is preferred.

Best,

Ken