Livecheck for Perl

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Jun 10 06:48:28 PDT 2016

On 10 June 2016 at 14:51, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2016-06-10 12:55, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> But why
>>
>>> port -v livecheck p5-config-simple
>> p5-config-simple seems to have been updated (port version: 4.59, new
>> version: 4.58)
>>
>> then? Do we need to fix something parts of other code as well?
>
> The perl5 port group defines 'livecheck.type regexm' (applies regex only
> once against the whole file), while the change above was only for
> 'regex' (applies regex against each line of the file).
>
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/149299
>
> Besides that, I don't think the perl5 port group actually needs
> 'regexm', just using 'regex' should be enough.
>
> I am afraid I may have made this worse now, given that the decimal perl
> module version numbers cannot be handled by our vercmp...

There are actually just two problematic cases, but yes, these are new
(introduced with your latest commit):

Error: livecheck failed for p5-chemistry-elements: extracted version
'1.07' is older than livecheck.version '1.062'
Error: livecheck failed for p5-class-makemethods: extracted version
'1.01' is older than livecheck.version '1.009'

The rest is about "true" errors.

Mojca

PS: we might need a keyword to say "please don't throw an error" for
this particular port :) :) :)
Indexing of some CPAN packages have been "broken" for years ...