permissions of DESTROOT

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 10:27:06 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM, JASON TILLEY <jdtilley at aol.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to create my first port in a local repository. I can get
> it to configure, but it seems to be having trouble installing into
> destroot. I get the error:
>
> for i in libnn.a; do \
>    /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $i /opt/local/lib/$i; \

It's not installing into the destroot, it's installing to the final
destination. This is incorrect and prevents making prebuilt packages, and
may mess up the buildbot. It should be installing to the destroot tree,
usually by specifying DESTDIR=$destroot to the install phase (this is the
convention used by most Linux package managers, which also work this way).
See https://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases.introduction.