PortGroup python 1.0 guidance

Edward Maros emaros at ligo.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 17 12:44:02 PDT 2016

I am working on a project that provides an interfaces to several
scripting languages. One of these is Python. I have been working on
using PortGroup python 1.0 to provide all the correct values for the
python variant requested. The most notable is python.pkgd.

The unfortunate side effect of using the python PortGroup for my
project, is that I need to redefine all of my build, make, and install
rules since my project isn't a pure python extension.

Is there a way or could the python PortGroup be modified such that via a
flag it could only generate the extended variables?

Thanks,

Ed