snapd

Russell Jones russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 06:36:13 PDT 2016

On 20/06/16 10:43, Rainer Müller wrote:
> Furthermore, back to the topic of Snappy packages, I recommend to read
> this post by Kyle Keen. He describes how distributions adapt software to
> the needs of their users. This mostly also applies to MacPorts, as we
> often have to patch software to make it work on OS X at all or to  work
> with our own policies (filesystem hierarchy, port select, etc.).
>
> http://kmkeen.com/maintainers-matter/
Thanks for that article. Here are a couple of talks on what the Python
project (in particular the Python Packaging Authority
https://www.pypa.io ) is working on to make system integrators' lives easier
"Python Packaging: Today and Tomorrow" (2014)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcxHqzhfvyk
"The future of Python packaging" (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc9khbXBes8

Russell