Apache2 rev bump for OpenSSL update

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 2 17:40:25 PST 2016

On Mar 2, 2016, at 7:32 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> wrote:

>> On Mar 2, 2016, at 9:00 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2016, at 14:10, Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Ryan,
>>>
>>> The Apache 2 port is failing a reload with the "Symbol not found: _SSLv2_client_method” error (Referenced from: /opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so\n  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib) due to the recent OpenSSL update, which removed SSLv2.
>>>
>>> Shouldn’t we rev bump the Apache 2 port to force a rebuild against the new OpenSSL?
>>
>> And all the other ports that link with openssl.
>
> Indeed, but I aint maintainer ;)
>
> I got Apache to work simply by forcing a rebuild against new OpenSSL.

I consider it the responsibility of the committer who updated the openssl port to the version that changed its library ABI to revbump the ports that link with it, regardless of maintainer status. It should have been done at the same time that openssl was updated of course. I'm not working on it so someone else is welcome to do it.