Apache2 rev bump for OpenSSL update

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Mar 3 00:09:35 PST 2016

Yeah, that I understand, we keep versioned ports for other packages too, e.g. mysql55, mysql56, mysql57, and other examples. And we don’t replace one with the other for a myriad of reasons.

So we could deprecate the apache24-devel port and create apache24, maybe even also deprecating apache2 and eventually replacing it with apache22, which needless to say would be compatible with the former, and would live on in parallel to apache24, just as mysql55 does to mysql56, etc.

You have a URL for that ticket that you mention?