Checking for problems before committing

Bachsau web at bachsau.name
Thu Mar 10 05:13:56 PST 2016

> Am 10.03.2016 um 07:48 schrieb Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org>:
>
> The point is that this is all done *in advance* and avoids a lot of
> problems. I would love to see something similar being done for patches
> submitted to our Trac. Of course they would have to be submitted in a
> different way and I'm aware that this is not really trivial to set up.
> But it would be extremely helpful.

Well, I think that would be a great way to handle submissions. As MacPorts already has automated build systems able to check if a build succeeds, it might be not that hard to implement. I think its most important a port is always working on the latest OS version, which currently is El Capitan. However, when I opened this thread I wasn't aware there's a ticket system. Now posted a ticket with all the requested information for libbonoboui which also fails to build on my system with a similar error. Lets see what happens…