Thank you all for the wonderful MacPorts Meeting in Slovenia (and see you again soon ...)

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Fri Mar 18 04:05:27 PDT 2016

> On 18 mar 2016, at 11:29, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> All good things come to an end and so did the wonderful week that we
> spent together in Gozd Martuljek.
>
> While I was initially hoping to see a larger group of people come
> together, the relatively small group of hackers eventually turned out
> to be the perfect recipe for boosting up the motivation, allowing us
> for very productive one-to-one learning experience and hacking
> sessions, resulting in quite satisfactory amount of work being done,
> new people getting confidence in hacking the core of MacPorts, new
> people joining the project, ...
>
> The spirit was so motivating that our "chef" nearly had to tear us
> apart from the notebooks to make us come to the lunch and dinner.
> Nevertheless we still managed to find some time to enjoy the wonderful
> weather playing snowleyball on fresh air.
>
> Special thanks to Ryan for joining us in a remote session, to Rainer
> for representing the PortMgr, to Clemens for convincing us that
> hacking the base might not be as scary as it sounds, for attracting
> and mentoring new developers, to Dagobert for bringing in a fresh
> perspective from a different package manager and helping us with the
> buildbot setup, to Jackson for flying in from the other side of the
> globe, to Peter for keeping us awake with Italian coffee and not
> minding to completely change his meeting agenda, to our cook Darko.
> And finally to Aljaž who set up all the infrastructure for the
> conference and helped a lot with preparation work.

And a big thanks goes to Mojca, who found the hotel in the first
place, negotiated a better internet connection, prepared and handled
the payments, wrote mails, and generally did everything so that the
meeting was successful!

> Some moments have been captured in https://twitter.com/macports, but
> during the week we are all too busy to document everything we have
> done and everything that we discussed. You may expect the minutes from
> the meeting arriving in not too distant future though.
>
> We all agreed that we have to meet again. So stay tuned.

Oh yeah! Judging from the quantity of food we ate, i’ll have to start
fasting :P

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey