MacPorts adding "default" flag to sources.conf

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 23 11:49:12 PDT 2016

On 2016-03-23 15:10, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> In sources.conf I have
>
> file:////path/to/sparse/svn/checkout/dports [nosync]
> file:///path/to/another/svn/checkout/dports [nosync]
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>
> But whenever I configure, make and make install the base from trunk, I
> end up with "default" being added to the first entry, like this:
>
> file:////path/to/sparse/svn/checkout/dports [nosync,default]
> file:///path/to/another/svn/checkout/dports [nosync]
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>
> and then:
>     Warning: More than one default port source is defined.
>
> What's the reason for that weird behaviour?

That's some broken logic in the upgrade script. It always adds [default]
to the first entry that points to the official ports tree if no entry
before had this flag. We would need multiple passes over the lines to
first check whether [default] exists already.

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/upgrade_sources_conf_default.tcl.in

Since it has been 7 years after the introduction of this flag, may I
suggest we just remove it instead of rewriting this script?

Rainer